Build Over Sewer Agreement Southern Water

Maps identify the location and size of known public sewers and water pipes in the locality of the land or lot. Since sewers are often found along the front and back of a home, they are usually needed for simple home extensions or new winter gardens. Third, the risk of damage to the building by faulty sewers is not excessive, given the following: if the affected sewer requires a diversion (installation and not replacement of an existing pipe), you must submit a Section 185 application to Southern Water Services: If you want to build a canal, you need an overconstruction contract. This is necessary if you plan to build a building, extension, support or similar work near or directly over an existing sewer. The distance from the sewage disposal channel depends on several factors, including the depth of sewers, sewer reviews, etc., although it is usually 3 m. How do I know if there is a public sewer on the property? If one wants to build a public sewer above, it must be in good condition and in permit equipment. (It must be able to withstand a beam pressure of 2700 psi indicated in (MED 4006 , the Southern Water supplement addendum to Sewer for Adoption 7 th Edition) Building control therefore requires both details of the proposal and a copy of the construction agreement presented by the sanitation authority. In the southern water region, there are about 39,000 kilometers of public sewers, some of which have been laid within the boundaries of the land. As a sewer dead man, Southern Water is responsible for the maintenance of these pipes. To comply with the legislation relating to the transfer and diversion of public sewers and the diversion of public sewers, it is necessary that anyone wishing to develop land or expand their property contact Southern Water to determine their requirements for the management of side sewers or sewers that may be affected by their construction proposals. The requirement for a superstructure agreement is stipulated in the Construction Code, Part H4, first, that the building, extension or work that involves a foundation – Second, in the case of the canal that needs to be replaced, there is construction above (or near) a public (weak) or side sewer if the proposals do not meet the self-certification points, A build-over application form can be downloaded from the following link: On October 1, 2011, responsibility for private gravity channels and side flows built before July 1, 2011 and communicated with the public sanitation system was transferred to sanitation companies such as Southern Water. The laying has increased the number of sewers and side flows for which Southern Water is responsible by about 19,000 km.

Most sewers and side effluents had not been mapped, so their location and condition are unknown. In the absence of detailed information on transferred sewers and lateral effluents, it should be considered that they are present in gardens and land to be developed and are therefore likely to be affected by construction proposals. So you should consider that any sewer that is currently on your land or that is discovered in the course of your work is public amenity and the property of Southern Water, unless it can be proven to be something else. . . .

Show More

Related Articles